Need another dinner idea? Try our Vegan Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup. Start it in the morning and dinner cooks itself while you tackle whatever your day throws at you! This recipe can also be made vegan!
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of sage
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- garnishes (chives, sour cream, and SimplyProtein chips!)
- In the slow cooker, combine butternut squash, onion, carrot, garlic, thyme and sage. Add broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until squash is very tender, on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Remove herb sprigs and use an immersion blender or traditional blender to blend soup until smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk and garnish!